Paul ShapiroStart-up CFO
Paul has worked with startups and technology companies throughout his entire career.
Paul has been interim CFO & controller for early stage venture backed companies as well as projects for established companies with short-term needs. Paul has worked with over 50 companies since 1994 on short and long-term engagements. His focus is on start-ups and companies in transition, particularly in the tech and internet space.
He is comfortable dropping in and out of companies seamlessly, and has the ability and preparation to make each company better. Paul values relationships and appreciates referrals from clients and other service providers. After spending the last three years working full-time for Verizon after their purchase of his long-time client EdgeCast Networks, Paul has resumed his consulting practice and looks forward to helping early growth companies once again.
Outside of the office, Paul is on the board of JDRF – Los Angeles, and has personally raised over $500,000 in the last 14 years for Type 1 Diabetes research. Additionally, he is an active member of the Advisory Committee to the Santa Monica College Business Department. He also spent almost 20 years as a volunteer with KCRW’s Morning Becomes Eclectic show.
Typical Services Offered:
- Setup accounting books and regular financial reporting
- Create financial plans and variance analysis
- Setup basic operating processes and procedures
- Evaluate risk and compliance – insurance, tax, government, HR
- Initiate and manage banking relationship
- Setup cap table including options and warrant tracking
- Transaction analysis assistance
- Develop KPIs